Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Who needs a title anyways.....

REALLY......... who needs it.

  • We are feeling quite a bit better.  I am still coughing but hoping that that stops soon.  We will see.  I saw a full burka today! I have never seen one in a local mall before in Canada.  Maybe I live somewhere silly, but I haven't! The cool part was her coach bag and the fancy cell phone that she was talking on through her headdress.

  • My niece is coming to stay with us.  I can't wait! She is having a tough time and she is going to come and escape life at our house.  I am planning on doing a few cool things.  I keep making rag quilts for my nieces and nephews and now I want one! I think I am going to get her to help me make one for me! How funny would that be! She would probably do a better job than me....we will see.  I think that we will do some of the tacky things like the mall and some shopping but I want to spend a lot of time just visiting with her and just hang out.  Talk about life and things.  I hope she has fun.  I hope that she feels so safe that she wants to talk and will use this as a safe zone for her life.  I think that we are going to start doing this for all the kids every year.  One week a year is just there time.  We will see how this goes!

  • Life is going pretty good.  Husband is pretty discouraged right now.  That is hard.  He was so good at his last job and so confident and now he is feeling very lost and that he doesn't know what he is doing.  It is hard to encourage him.  I can see the changes in him and all that he is learning, but I am learning too!! I know that it is just a matter of time before he is just as good at this as he was at the last job, it is just going to take time.  I hope that he is happier tomorrow! He has a friend coming up for the weekend which will be good for him.

  • I am loving my PVR.  I just thought I would tell you that.  I PVR's all my favorite shows last week and for the eternal future of them and so I can just sit and watch when I want and not just when they are on.  That annoys me.

  • We cleaned the house today.  Man.  I am not a neat freak but also not messy and it was gross in here! I was appalled.  I feel more relaxed when it is clean. You might laugh at this, but I am so much happier when my house feels clean and organized.  Most people think my house is clean even when I am disgusted with it, but for the most part, it is pretty clean.

  • Dinner plans this week........last night we had corn chowder soup and asiago chiabatta bread with it.  We had left overs tonight and tomorrow we are having meat loaf, mashed potatoes and basil/boccoccini/tomato salad.  I am sick and tired of throwing out food.  We will be home for a few days and then we get called away or something comes up and I throw out all my groceries.  No more.  I am now doing two day meal plans.  We are home for six more days and I will shop three times in order to get groceries.  That way, if something comes up, we will not have a full fridge!

I think that those are all the things that needed to be spewed out today! How funny.  I could be the worst blog writer ever!

Time to go play with my new photo editing program! I will post pictures one day soon.

See ya!

1 comment:

Lollie said...

I saw my first Lady in a Burka at the Children's Place Outlet in Edmonton.