Friday, November 26, 2010

Lunch Today......amazing!!!!!

I bought a new cookbook and this is the first recipe that I have tried out of it.  I loved it! I did not make it though exactly as the recipe told me too because I could not find the "salsa Verde" and did not want to make it myself and so I bought enchilada sauce instead.  I would recommend this recipe to anyone! Cheap, easy and fast.  Total time was about 45 minutes and that included baking for an 30 minutes.

This is the enchilada sauce I bought.  It was amazing.  This whole dish made Husband and I both think we were eating at Don Diego's in Terrace.  Definite make again!!!!!

This is the mix for the inside of the enchiladas.  I will post the actual recipe at the end of this post if you want to try it.



I used flour tortillas as I had them already.  Just the small ones.  It would have been better though with the corn ones.




The finished product.  
Need I say more???

This is the book.  It is amazing! It is so beautiful.  I would highly recommend it.  Most of the food is a little fancier but  there is a lot that I will make.


Spicy Chicken Enchiladas Verde
w/sour cream and cilantro
Serves 8 (did half)

4 cups shredded cooked chicken
4 cups store bought salsa Verde, divided (a green sauce)
3 cups grated Monterrey jack cheese (I used marble)
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (it is not a strong flavour so add it!)
Salt and pepper
16 corn tortillas
1/2 medium white onion, halved and thinly sliced
1 container sour cream (16 ounces)

Adjust oven rack to center position and heat oven t0 400 degrees.
Mix chicken, 3/4 cup salsa Verde, 1 1/2 cups cheese, 1/4 cup cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste (about 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 pepper for half batch).  Spread one cup salsa Verde on bottom of 9 x 13 baking pan.
Wrap tortillas in two damp paper towels and microwave on high power until warm and pliable, about 45 seconds.  Spoon about 1/2 cup chicken filling into tortilla.  Roll into a cylinder and place seam side down in baking dish.  Repeat with remaining filling and tortillas.  
Drizzle enchiladas with 1 1/2 cups salsa Verde and sprinkle with remaining cheese.  Spray a large sheet of tin foil with cooking spray.  Cover baking dish with foil, oiled side down, and bake till heated through, about 30 minutes.  Remove foil, sprinkle with onion slices and remaining 1/4 cup cilantro.  Let stand for a few minutes. 
Serve with sour cream and remaining salsa Verde.

By Pam Anderson




This was a wonderful recipe.  Even Husband loved it.  I hope someone out there will try it! Let me know if you made it my way or hers! I am sure they are both amazing. 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They look just like Don diego's! MMMMMM I wish I was there for dinner with you. Looks amazing. Miss you tons!! Love Amie