Friday, April 30, 2010

Home Sweet Home

We are here!

We are moved in and unpacking as I type! I can hear the hammer of the tools as Husband builds yet more IKEA furniture! Love that man.  We are getting settled in our new home and so far loving it.  It is starting to feel a little like home.  My office is 18000000 times better than my old one, the house is incredibly bright, we have no lights on at all during the day, and the layout is pretty nice.  I will post pictures one day! I promise.  We started our actual jobs today and met with one of the store owners to talk.  It was awesome.  He was so excited for what we want to do with the franchise and that was nice to hear as I know that a lot of the owners will not be quite so lovely.  We have one couple in town that we knew before we moved here and have seen them twice already! It is nice.  It would suck to move here and have absolutely no one like our last move.

Tomorrow I am going to farmers market, a massive craft fair and then to look at some dream homes! I can't wait.  I also have to get my bedroom unpacked and put together so that I don't feel like I am living in a garge full of boxes.  Paige is slowly calming down.  She realized yesterday that there is a lot of carpet in this house and spent about half an hour racing around the house like a chicken with her head cut off! It was hilarious.  She just ran and ran.  We laughed a lot :) She is so funny. 

This is looking to be a busy month.  We leave on Monday for a whirlwind tour to all the stores to meet all the owners.  On the 10th, Husband has to be here for Remecaid, on the 12th we drive to GP to help dad move and to get the last of our stuff, on the 15th we have out of town company coming for a whole week (so incredibly excited about this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), we have our 10th wedding anniversary, and Husbands 30th birthday.  What a gong show! We are also trying to get the house done and all the business stuff transfered.
It will happen.  One day at a time, right?

Just thought I would check in.  Things are good.  Having fun shopping and trying new restaurants.

Will post pics and write again soon!

No comments: