Sunday, May 2, 2010

Frustrations

Conversation I had earlier today that made me a little angry.....seriously people


Me: Hi! I would like a Venti, non fat, half toffee nut, half vanilla caramel macciato.  Could you please stir it before the drizzle and double cup it? Thanks.  Oh, and could I get a little extra drizzle? You rock.

Her: For sure! Anything else?

Me: Well, if you could please put the shots in as soon as possible because I really hate bitter coffee (shots of expresso are actually considered "dropped" if they sit for more than 10 seconds before hittting milk.  That is what makes coffee bitter)

Her: Oh definately.  I understand.  Don't you hate it when people do that?

I pay, I walk to the other side of the counter and proceed in watching her make my not that  impossible drink.

Step One: Start shots
Step Two: Start milk
Step Three: Add syrup to cup, but do only half the syrup asked for

Me: Um, excuse me, I think you forgot the toffee nut

Her: Oh.  It doesn't come with this drink.

Me: But I asked for half and half.

Her: Well.  It is not what the cup says.

Shots have now sat for about 1.5 minutes.

Me: Could I please have new shots? Those are dropped and black.

Her: No, they are fine.

Me: Um, they are black.  That makes it bitter.  Could I please have new ones? (getting a little impatient)

I then realize that she is making two drinks instead of one double cupped one.

Me: Oh! That was supposed to just be one drink double cupped.

Her: No, it is two different drinks.

Me: No, really.  I only ordered one.

She then proceeds to completely ignore me as she pours in nasty ass shots, doesn't stir it, puts in too much foam so when she puts the 1 cup of caramel drizzle on top it just pours down the sides and makes a huge mess.

I ask her to hand me a spoon to scoop off the top so I can get a lid on.  She says I just have to squish it on.  The foam will shrink! So I do just that and make an incredibly huge mess all over her counter.  I then dump out part of the drink on her counter so that the lid will fit on. 

I take a drink.

It tastes like ass.  Not Heidi Klum ass? but Rita McNeil ass.  Suprise suprise.

I walk around to the front counter. 

Tell them the girl sucks.

Demand my money back.

They hand me a coupon for a free drink with my money and ask what happened to make my "experience not the greatest"

Hmmmmm.......rage is flowing.....have strept throat.....just wanted a coffee because I got no sleep last nigh....trying to not kill someone......

Me: "Well, the girl didn't do as I asked, made too many drinks, blatantly ignored me, was rude and at this point I am ready to scream really freakin loud in here to make other people know how dumb you are, but as a business owner myself I understand that that is not cool.  So I will take me and my coupon out of here, tell everyone how much this whole experience sucked and not come back ever.  Thanks for making my day.  Have a good one."

And I storm out.

Seriously people.  This is not rocket science.  Can you seriously not just make a drink?

I WANT MY BARRISTA BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Screw this.  I am moving back.

3 comments:

Lollie said...

WEird! What's the big deal! Just listen to the customer, she's right there! And WHY couldn't she get you new shots!? Maybe you can move your old Barista in with you! :)
Love you praying you get better!

Heather said...

Sorry you didn't get your drink right. Try not to be *too* much of a diva though, hmm? ;)

Dawn said...

Total Diva!!! Am I not allowed to be for $5+ per drink? It didn't help that my whole week has been this way and I am sick ;)