Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Year....new traditions

1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Started living for me and started healing my life

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't usually do New Year's resolutions but I do lists of things that I want to do that year. The financial ones were done, some of the travelling and the healing ones.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My best friend had a little girl and ...... I think that is is?

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Nope. Hooray!

5. What countries did you visit?
Many Canadian locations and Las Vegas...so I guess the USA

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
A heck of a lot of money and more time

7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
A lot of blur but September 19-27? in Laguna Beach was amazing and November 9th telling us that the company we worked for was shutting down. Big life changes with that one little meeting

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Paying off a pile of debt and my personal mental health improvements

9. What was your biggest failure?
Physical health and a lack of personal time for a lot of the year

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I found out I have Poly cystic Ovary Syndrome and had a whopper of a cold/flu over Christmas for three weeks

11. What was the best thing you bought?
A wii? I don't know. Did not buy a whole heck of a lot

12. Where did most of your money go?
Paying off debt.

13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Paying off debt! and our trip to Terrace

14. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier! Probably the happiest I have been in years!
b) thinner or fatter? Fatter I think. Good ol health problems!
c) richer or poorer? Richer, in life, happiness, and actual net worth, huzzah! other than the loss of the jobs. We will answer this again next year!

15. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Cooking and gardening

16. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Eating and working

17. How did you spend Christmas?
Relaxing in Terrace with amazing friends that we love a lot

18. Did you fall in love in 2009?
I think so. There have been some struggles this year and we are working on fixing them. This year will make or break us. It has been 14 years. I know that we will be OK. I just need to work on me a lot more!

19. What was your favorite TV program?
No real favorites. House, The Mentalist, Castle, Private Practice, Grey's Anatomy. I actually don't watch any of them on TV, I but the box sets later.

20. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No, I am actually dealing with a lot of that and am enjoying the happy feelings instead of the anger.

21. What was the best book you read?
I have no idea! I read about 5 books a week, so figure out how many that is! I cannot choose from all of them.

22. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Chris Tomlin concerts. Went to two and loved them.

23. What did you want and get?
A lot less debt and got it. A good friend and got that too!

24. What did you want and not get?
A trip to Seattle. Less weight. A busier business so that it is easier to pay bills!

25. What was your favorite film of this year?
I am not sure! I loved the one I saw tonight! It was "It's Complicated". Very funny. I loved it. I guess that is for this year though not last year!

26. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 29 and worked a really long day. My staff bought me flowers and Husband forgot the day. Went for lunch with a friend and ate dinner at home.

27. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
The continuation of our jobs, more time with the husband, and perhaps not the terrible cold over the holidays would’ve been nice…

28. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Comfy but more feminine and cuter than usual. Loved my hair this year and actually got a few compliments on how I looked! LOVED THAT!!!!

29. What kept you sane?
Good friends and a chance at a holiday in the future. I live for those.


I stole this off another blog that I read and am going to do this every year. It is kinda fun! Hope that you guys are all having a good day and hey, make sure you leave some comments so that I know that you exist!

No comments: