Sunday, January 31, 2010

Vegetarianism....

Is that even a word? I am not so sure :)

Need help you guys.  I am trying to eat a vegetarian diet for the next month.  I have done it for one week now and it is going good but I need some help.  Do you have a favorite recipe? Meat free? Do you know of any good sites? I do not like tofu but will eat anything else.  Husband thinks I am nuts but I am actually feeling really good this week.  Not as full or puffy as usual.  This does not mean that I am cutting out meat forever, I am just trying something for a month to see what happens.  I am curious what my body will feel like if I do this for a month.  I remember a long time ago, my mom telling me that due to my blood type, I should not eat meat.  We will see!

So, if you could post your recipes? That would rock!!!!!

I need some inspiration right now.

2 comments:

Mel said...

One of my favourite cookbooks for vegetarian food is Vegetarian Suppers by Deborah Madison.

For a bit of inspiration, see http://www.flickr.com/mellowfood

Lollie said...

My fav meatless meal!
Smashing Pumpkin soup!
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion chopped
4 cups chicken broth(Umm you could use Veggie broth)
2 cups pumpkin puree
3/4 cup green onions, chopped
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp curry powder
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups milk (or whatever you like for milk)

In a soup pot, heat oil over medium high heat and saute onion. Cook till very soft and add remaining ingredients, except the milk. Cook uncovered for 15mins. Add milk and continue to cook (but not boil- it will break) for another 5 mins. Salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with huge spinach salad and whole grain rolls!