Thursday, June 24, 2010

Business

Big big decisions to make in the next two days.

Some background.

We bought a new business.  I am not going to say what for the big world of the internet, but it has the potential to be amazing.  We have  a passion for it and it is/could be amazing.  We had an offer today.  There is a business consultant that could take this business from what it is to huge and crazy with little effort.  Well, there is a TON, and I mean TON, of work to do to get it there, but he would save Husband and I from making a whole heck of a lot of mistakes in the meantime.  We are also at a point where we feel like we are trying to eat a herd of elephants  but are not sure how the heck to do it!

Does that make any sense?

He wants to take this on as a challenge and work with us and see what happens.  He has done this many times before and all the businesses that he has worked for are doing amazing.

Problem.

  • Money.  He is not cheap and so we have to figure out how to harvest and sell organs to pay for him.
  • He would want some sort of shares in the company down the road for all his work 
  • I don't like to share.  I wanted it to just be me and Husband and this feels like a cop-out to me
Long term? This in an incredible opportunity.  There is no way, well maybe, that we could do everything that this guy could in the time frame he is talking about.  He is a fount of knowledge that we could use right now.  

So, do I give up some control and possibly a portion of my business in order to make it a success 100x faster? Or do I keep my pride and stubbornness and tell him to take  hike.  As husband puts it, "80% of a big number is a whole lot better than 100% of a small one!"

By the way, he was referred to us by another business in the city that has used him and he probably quadrupled their business in a year.




Damn......I might have my answer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you have your answer :) Husband has the right idea, either way it goes though, do what is right for you guys!