Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Mother-in-law

I am sitting at my desk, well actually Husbands desk, in my office and staring across the way.

I am staring at my mother-in-law that has taken a day out of her life to come and help me with some bookkeeping.

This is huge.

I am not sure you know HOW huge.

Up until the last six months, we tolerated each other.

I have been setting a lot of boundaries in my life and at the same time am trying to renew and refresh a lot of old ones.  I am sick and tired of the tension and the chaos that our relationship was.  So, in honour of my new attitude, I dropped my pride this last week and asked for help.  Much to my surprise, she was honoured! She was so excited to come and help me and we are having a lovely day in my office.  I am working (and blogging) on Husbands computer and she is doing bookkeeping on mine!

This is big people.

Bigger than you will ever know.

HUGE!!!!!!




and good.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I'm very glad to hear it! It's nice to have relationships that are growing and changing in a positive direction, when there are so many that can be sad and destructive.

Lollie said...

I think I can safely say Wow! and Yay! That is so awesome I'm so happy for you. This is really Huge!~ :)

Anonymous said...

this brought tears to my eyes, knowing how big a deal this is. I feel in my heart, this new path your life has taken, is a glorious one!! Love you

friend from Terrace