Monday, June 21, 2010

We survived.......

the family reunion.

Key moments that made me smile and laugh a little and will not be at my family reunion next month:
  • the booze.  The copious amounts of booze that got brought out everyday for breakfast.  Wow.  I did not know that people could drink that much.  Over and over and over.  Supposedly 20 beers in 5 hours is normal! Supposedly he wasn't even drunk!
  • the chihuaua's.  On my lanta!!!!! There were 13 little crap dogs there and one big one.  Seriously.  NO joke.  Not one was trained and two bit me! Again, my  bad.  Supposedly this is normal!
  • Two gay couples.  No issues with them at all! But the one was hilarious! One was white, one was black, they were divorced but there for moral support for each other and they were broadway singers currently in New York! They were extremely kind, but very funny.  They would break into song and giggle like little girls!
  • Booze, did I mention that there was booze?
Other than that it was good.  I am not a bigot, just so you know.  Had no issues with anyone there except the dogs.  They made me want to commit dog murder.  But, I did meet the most amazing girl.  Husbands two cousins were there and the one had his long term girlfriend there.  She was awesome! We hung out all weekend.  She had the coolest accent I have ever heard.  She was born in England, and has lived for three or more years in Thailand, Singapore, South Africa, Dubai and somewhere else I forget.  Mix those up to make a really cool person.

We had fun though and I got a good sunburn.  We are home now for a couple weeks..... we think! I think that we have sold our business but will know for sure later this week.  It would not be official until the end of July but it would be ok.  I am praying so hard right now that the house and the business sell.  I am so sick of not having anything done.  It feels like we are living in two worlds right now and it is getting old.  Really old.

Now, in a totally different area of my life...............



my dad......................................























has a girlfriend.

Yup.  You read it here.  He has a girlfriend.  She is supposedly amazing.  She has an 18 year old son.  She is 13 years younger than him.  They have been spending all their spare time together.  They are getting really serious really fast.  Yup.  I am not sure how I feel! Now, I haven't met her yet, but I am happy for him and feeling a little odd about the whole thing.  I get to meet her in July.  I am not sure if I am looking forward to it.  Dad is supposed to be with mom.  Not another woman.  This will be strange but good.  Why is it though, that all the insecurities come out and you start to wonder "will she like me?" "will we get along?" "is she in this for the right reasons?" "am I just a skeptical bitch that doesn't want to see my dad happy?" These things just keep running through my head and I just keep praying that I will stay positive.

We have another family reunion with my family now in August.  Actually excited now! I think that it will be nice to see lots of family and relax for a day or two!

I should go.  We have been gone a lot lately and have a lot of stuff to do in the next few weeks.

Later peeps!

No comments: