Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Life Change in 3 days!!!!

This blog is about to change a little.  I will still randomly post recipes and decor stuff as I finish it (wainscoting should be done this week!!!!!!) But on Friday? My 13 year old nephew is moving in with us for the next 10 months.  I will be a parent.  UM yeah.  He is a hurting little man (life before adoption was enough to make you want to commit murder) and we want to challenge him for a year and try to help out.  Sucks when you love someone so much :)

I will call him Punk.  Or Red (he has shoulder length flaming red hair).  I have not decided yet.  Husband and I made a room for him this weekend.  As soon as some finishing touches are made I will post some more.

I will post more later today.  About the road trip I just came home from, Husband and his amazingness, my fears and excitement at this next year, and life in general.  Oh, and maybe the new lifestyle that I have started and am losing weight on! I have not told a soul I am doing this and so we will see what happens.  I am feeling good though and the scale is moving and it is really healthy so I am happy.

So yeah.  I am back and will probably be on here more than usual in the next few months as I adjust to a kid and homeschooling and life in general!

See you later!

3 comments:

Melissa A. said...

welcome back!

Darci said...

Wow! So very exciting :-)

Anonymous said...

OH DAWN...YOU ARE AMAZING. Can't wait to see how the painting worked out. Tell how how the Red Punk settled in. Miss you much...I haven't cried in a couple of days...heeheehee - when you coming back...