Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Standing in my Beauty

When I was on my road trip last week, I had a photo shoot.  Not something I ever had thought of doing in the past.  I am overweight.  Kinda not happy with my looks most days.  Uncomfortable seeing me in a photo.

But God told me otherwise.  He has been impressing on me lately to "Stand in my Beauty".  As a wife, a friend, a sister, a daughter (harder than you would think), and as a business woman.

I hired a friend who is a photographer and away we went.  We did some more formal head shot poses for work and then had fun.

I can't say that I love them all.  I do think though that I look pretty in some of them.

I can't wait to look back a year from now and see the changes in me.






One of my favorites









Work shot!





This one was inspired by a painting that I own called "Standing in her beauty"



Look ma! No spanx!!! That was hard to do.  It is all me.  Not hiding anything.



Another favorite




And then she does scrinchy nose.




I had red ants crawling on me here.  Ouch.


So there they are.  There are over a hundred more! But you get these ones.

Yup.  That is me.

15 lbs heavier than when I stopped the diet.

On the road to being mentally and physically healthier this year.

Leaving the past behind and standing in today.

Thank you Ruth.

Worth every penny.



2 comments:

Heather said...

You look lovely, and happy.

Melissa A. said...

Fantastic photos. I love how different you look with your hair down vs up. Beautiful smiles in all of them.