Friday, August 10, 2012

Wainscoting from hell...

So, I have these crazy ideas some times.

And then have to find other people to help make them :)

Wanna be my friend???

I bet not.

I do have a lovely friend though that is willing.

Helps that she is a finish carpenter by trade and loves doing it!

So when I phone her and say "Hey.....wanna do something crazy?"

She jumps at the chance.

Here is the start of my latest project!


Wainscoting! Here is the stencil that I designed, my amazing friend K and the start of a long process!


Before pictures.  So plain and beige.


All the furniture is stacked in the room in the middle.  We have company coming tonight.  Huh.  Might have to move a few things!



First stencil piece is up!


Don't you wish you could do this?



And it starts!




A part of the finished wall!!!!! 

I love it so much.  It is amazing and beautiful and will add so much texture to this room! It was a boring box before.  We are hoping to do down the stairs as well.  We will see! Too many projects on the go this month.  Husband is starting to get a little pissy :) He will survive.  He loves it too.  I am planning on painting the whole area white.  The top stripe might get the final wall color.  I am not sure yet.  We cannot agree on a color at this point so we will see what happens! it might stay beige for awhile longer. Not happy about it but as soon as this is done? I will be happy.  This is the big part of the whole project.

Huge shout out to K.

You are an amazing friend with skills beyond my wildest dreams! You have made my vision come to life and you are completely selfless in doing it! I owe you huge.  
Thank you.
Thank you.
Thank you.


I will post more pictures as it gets closer to completion!

1 comment:

Melissa A. said...

So complicated! and so cool! Can't wait to see the finished result. You're so creative, I'm jealous again!