Thursday, August 9, 2012

Original Art

I have always been a buyer of lame art.  Let's be honest here.  Art from Urban Barn (while I love it), IKEA, Walmart etc is kinda lame.  Everyone has it and it is not meaningful at all! I decided last year that from now on? All my art would be kinda or crazy special to me/us.

I have added a few pieces to my collection and am loving them.  They are worth every penny.

Here is the inspiration wall in my office before:





And now:




This is a print from Bernadette McCormack.  Isn't she amazing? She lives on Vancouver Island.  Check out her website:



It is called "Watching the Storm Blow Away".

Kind of feels like my life lately! I was immediately drawn to the colours and the design but the name was what sold me on it.


This one is part of a trio by Giselle Denis.  She is incredible! Both in spirit and talent.  We have been hanging out lately and I adore her.  So fun! And seriously? Crazy talented.  You should see some of her stuff! No, you should see all of it! I kind of want it all.  Like ALL of it.  One day...





This is another one by Bernadette.  This is an actual canvas original.  It is called "Standing in My Beauty"

This one has a story.  Years ago, I was struggling bad and was praying one night with my cousin.  I was praying that God would show me how he saw me.  Not how I saw myself or how others saw me but how I looked in his eyes.  He gave me a clear picture of me standing in a mirror in this exact position with him standing behind me as a bright light.  I was surrounded by flowers.  He kept saying to me "Stand in your Beauty"
Needless to say, when I was at an art show and saw this? Cried my eyes out and had to buy it.  When I explained it to Husband, it was not an option of if just how to buy it.
It is directly beside my computer and I stare at it often.
I love it.

I am hoping to add more original art over the next few years.  I love it.  I love the meaning behind it and knowing that it is just mine.  Special.  And mine.

No comments: