Thursday, November 1, 2012

Pitter Patter

I am odd.

Can we just say that? 

One of the things that I have realized about myself is that I need certain things in my life to be certain ways.  Most people are like this I think.  Or hope! My areas in my head are
  • marriage
  • house
  • work
  • family
At all times, I cannot have more than two of these not feeling perfectly amazing to me.  When I find myself with more than two needing work, I stress out.  So, I do what I can to control certain things.  One of these? Organized house.  Ever since we moved into this house I have hated the master closet.  It is a fairly big room (around 5 ft by 8 ft) and has a large window which make it bright but had horrible storage.  It was starting to drive me crazy and so this last weekend, I convinced Husband to help me fix it. 

Here it was when we started.


One shelf along the back and a dresser we added

One shelf along the side

So, first things first? I took everything out.  Crap.  We have a lot of stuff!
And yes.  I fully make my bed every day.


We started by removing the existing shelves.  And when I say WE I mean Husband.  Can I just say that he is amazing? He is the best husband ever.  He hung 5 shelves on the far wall.  We bought a Rubbermaid Pantry Pack and used that.

Then he raised the other shelf and added another one underneath it.

I love the window!


Can we just say HOLY CRAP THAT IS A LOT OF STORAGE??????? We now both have a long wall area to hang clothes and then end shelves for additional.



I love how organized it is!!!!!!!



1 comment:

Melissa A. said...

That is fantastic! Our master is only about 4x4 but it has the same weird limited hanging space and that's it. The husbands side has 2 hanging things, my side has one and the back wall has one, with our shoes strewn on the floor. I've been thinking closet organization is on the list for ALL our closets soon. Yours just put it on the top of the list. Nice work.