Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Snow and life

A quick update on life lately:


  • figured out this morning that I am a mom.  Not biologically, but figuratively speaking.  Not sure why this only hit me today.  As we go into week 10.
  • just spent 5 lovely days in Las Vegas with Husband.  He was working the entire time and so I feel like I didn't really see him at all but it was a nice warm break from life here in the zoo
  • it is snowing today.  The first real snow we have had this year.
  • I am leaving tomorrow for a conference for the next 9 days.  I will be cut off from the world.  No cell phone, no tv, no computer.  I am scared.
  • Big Red's parents were here with him while we were gone and they left this morning.  Needless to say? Big Red is anxious as hell today.
  • I am tired.
  • I am almost done my Christmas shopping.  I have 2 gifts left to buy and can't get those until I get told the list of items wanted by each person (family gift exchange)
  • I am starting my Christmas planning next week.  "Hello.  My name is Dawn and I have a problem" I am thinking the OCD in me is going to make this Christmas either amazing or funny as hell at how organized it is.
  • My gray hair is almost funny now.  People are looking at it more often than normal and I am kind of liking it.  The hair.  Not the looking people.
  • I bought a few new things on our trip including:
My first pair of boots.  Ever.  Love them!


This adorable shirt.  Seriously love it.

  • Have I mentioned that I am tired?
  • I started a little bit of Christmas decorating last night to irritate the men in my house.  I could put up my tree today if it was my choice.




2 comments:

Melissa A. said...

FYI You're tired because of item #1. Moms are just always tired. :)

Darci said...

No contact digitally will be strange, what kind of conference?