Saturday, June 4, 2011

June 4

My day today.




 This would be the backside of husband and the roommates.  We woke up early and headed down town to the farmers market.  I love it there! It was freakin cold today though so we rushed through it and didn't spend a lot of time just relaxing and enjoying it.  We started with a stop at the Blue Plate Diner for breakfast and then went from there.


The down town farmers market started in 1907.  It is an amazing street with a really cool mix of old brick buildings and new glass ones.  The trees are amazing there with lots of character.  They block the street on Saturday mornings and you can just wander for about 4 blocks.  It is my favorite of the farmers markets here.


It's me!

We came home with Lebeneh (yogurt cheese...my fave!), cucumbers, eggs and some rhubarb.


When we got home to our warm house, I started baking.  I made Chocolate Nutella cookies from www.twopeasandtheirpod.com



Bought some flowers to cheer myself up!





And made a yummy strawberry rhubarb crisp.  A little too much sugar but is so yummy.  Now I am going to go watch some MASH.  I might even have a nap!

No comments: