Friday, July 13, 2012

Grandpa and Grandma

This last weekend I went to hang out with these cool cats:


These would be my grandparents at their 60th anniversary party.  It was an amazing day for them and a sad as hell day for my siblings and I.  It was not easy.  My mom has 4 sisters and through the years, they did a lot of singing together.  At the party the 4 remaining sang and I have not felt the loss of her so much in a long time.  She should have been up there.  They also did a slide show of my grandparents and their lives and there were so many pictures of her.  Her and my dad.  Her and our family.  Happy.  Before she died.  Before the evil Stepmother.  Before the drama.  I somehow managed to hold it together but check out the fake smile in the picture above! And man do I look tired.  

But? They are amazing.  They are wonderful.  I am planning a trip to go and see them in August.  I am hoping to spend a few days with just them and to soak it all in.  But you have to admit.  They look amazing for 82!

Congratulations you guys.  I can't wait to celebrate my own 60th!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

hey I'm going to "the hoof" in August!! When are you planning to go back?