Sunday, July 1, 2012

Happy Birthday Canada!

Today Canada is 145 years old.

Wow.  Such a young country! I was at a spa (having my nails done....yeah!) yesterday and the guy doing them was from Vietnam.  I asked how long he had lived here and we got to talking and he informed me that he loves Canada.  He is so proud to be from here now.  He asked if I was proud to be Canadian and I had to pause for a minute.

I am.

I am proud of our freedoms.

I am proud of our land and space.

I love the multi cultural feel of it here.

I love that my family is all here.

I love that people are made fun of for being polite.

I guess I am proud to live here after all!

Here is a link to the funniest "proud to be Canadian" thing I have read in awhile.

http://1000awesomethings.com/2012/04/06/10-canada/


He says it best.

Do I think our country is perfect? Not at all.  But it is ours.

Happy Birthday Canada.


No comments: