Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Back to life, back to reality

Wow.  A lot has happened in the last week!

A quick run down and I will return later with a more detailed post including a really embarrassing thing that happened to me in Vancouver!


  • My dad broke his neck
  • They went in through the front of his neck and did surgery.
  • They removed 2 vertebra and used some of that bone, some rods and a plate to fuse it all back together.
  • He came out of it fine and started recovery.
  • Complications started.  Heart rate, blood pressure, temperature all through the roof.
  • Found 2 infection sites. 
  • He is now on antibiotics and is improving.  He is really crazy weak, but doing good.  Spirits are coming back.
  • As of now? He is having a hard time swallowing and eating so they won't let him go home but should be out soon.

I spent 4 and a bit days in Vancouver with him.  Seeing him? Awesome! Hanging with my sister? Great! His new wife? So.  How's the weather? We won't talk about that.  Needless to say? I didn't stay as long as I wanted due to some family issues.  This year is going to be hard if it keeps going like this.

But! I painted!!!! And embarrassed myself and saw the most amazing night sky and I will share all of that with you later.  I am doing good.  I am feeling rather tired and worn out but that is life.  I will be ok.

There was the quick run down! More later.....

1 comment:

Melissa A. said...

Good to hear you upbeat about most of it. Can't wait to hear what color you ended up with...I assume a variety of gray..got pictures?