Friday, June 1, 2012

High Maintenance Spouses

Have an of you read the quote in People magazine from a certain someone?

"When I need my wife or when I need companionship or someone to talk to, I need it, like, now. So my wife will have to give up whatever she's doing at that moment to tend to my needs. And in the same way, I would tend to hers. That's not such an easy thing to do."


Is this for real? This is just cause for a divorce.  This person has been divorced a few times already.  Makes you want to marry him, right?
Wrong.  I like to think that I am not a high maintenance wife.  I have needs like anyone else, but I am pretty easy going.

I need:
  • time
  • words of affirmation a lot.  A lot a lot.
  • time
  • dates once in awhile
  • hugs and cuddles

And that is about all.  I don't demand jewellery, or clothes or expect him to do everything.  I am a capable woman who an take out the trash, mow the lawn or go for my own oil change.  I can cook a nice meal, do my own laundry and take care of myself.  Do I love when he makes me coffee or gets me a drink? Of course.  But not to that degree.  Can you imagine just demanding your spouse to jump and run and actually having them do that? I would lose respect for them fairly quick.

Huh.  Just a random thought for a Friday afternoon.


How demanding and high maintenance are you? What do you expect from your spouse?

2 comments:

Melissa A. said...

wha? who said that?

Dawn said...

It was Neil Diamond. And he married a 40 year old. Hmmm. Money maybe?