Thursday, May 31, 2012

Oh what a wonderful....no make that dusty

world!

We are living in the middle of a construction zone! And I cannot keep my house clean! Which is just making me more determined than ever to do it.  Argh.  They did start working on our driveway today which is nice.  They should be pouring concrete tomorrow! Then they claim they will do the parging on the house and finish up the final outside painting and touches.  And then rough grade and topsoil and landscaping.  I am hoping this is done in the next two weeks so we can start on the back yard! I want a yard and a deck and a BBQ before this year is done.  I am hoping that this will all help with the amount of dust and dirt being tracked into my house on a daily basis.

Today was a good day.  I worked this morning for a bit and the headed out to a TRX class.  Um.  Yeah.  I think i might die later this week from pain! Wow! Anyone want an amazing workout? Try that class!

totalfitnesstrainer.com

So yeah.  You have these two bands and you do exercises with them.  It is an hour class of no stopping.  And you use all your own body weight as your weights.  It is nuts! I hurt all over.  Even the bottoms of my feet are mad at me! The trainer said you have done a good job if you hurt for more than 2 days.  He claims 4-7 after the first workout.  How insane is that! Now is when I wish I was half the size so I was lifting half the weight!!! So, I think I will do it again.  Am I nuts? I am thinking 2 times a week and go from there.  I have the membership so it is free so why not? I will let you know how it goes.

On another note, guess who has company for the weekend again! Husbands grandma who has never come to visit us is coming up.  She is babysitting my brother in law right now (he is young) and Husband is going to go pick them up and bring them up for the weekend.  It should be nice.  No sitting around for me though :(

Lots of updates today! I also started day 1 of natural hair color today.  Have I written about this? I am going to spend the next 9 or so months growing out my hair to see what it will look like as its natural color.  This is huge for me! I am grey/black/white as per my roots and since my aneurysm and stress of 11 years ago.  I have dyed it every single month since then.  So, my hair dresser died it the natural brown/black and then streaked it with grey/blond today so that the grow out will not be as noticeable.  I am then going to wait 2-3 months and go back once I have substantial grow out so that we can color match again.  She is then going to streak the natural grow out colours through the old stuff until the old is all gone! It will be quite the process.  So I went from quite red today to a super dark brown with grey.  Husband loves it! He thinks it is really funky looking and can't wait to see it grow out.  I will keep you updated! And I will try to get some pictures tonight so that I can post them tomorrow.

Hope that you are all doing well!

1 comment:

Steffie Rae said...

That's awesome about your hair Dawn! I went to the hairdresser a coup,e weeks ago and she lifted my hair in an almost disgusted way and said " this is natural!?" like I'm the only person in the world who doesn't die her hair.