Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The new house

Get ready for a few pictures! They are all awful but I don't care tonight.  I am exhausted.  My nephew has been here for the last 5 days which has been amazing but tiring.  We have also been moving and I have been busy with work.  Praise the Lord for Husband.  Saving grace right now.  I am so tired I am barely functioning tonight.  But here are some pictures! And I will apologize.  There are a few :)



The kitchen.  Tip #1: add an old penny to a jar of flowers and they will stop growing.  In other words, they will stay like they are forever.  Ok.  Maybe only 2 or 3 weeks.  But still!

Kinda all one big room! We divided it up into two areas with a shelf but are not sure we like it.  Are leaving it though for the next month because we don't have time or energy to move it!

Dining room looking into living room.

Like our view? Construction!!!


The divided area.  I personally love it.  So cosy to sit and read and feels so separate from the rest of the room.


My lovely shelves



Divider shelf.  Not organized at all.  Just random crap on them.


Fire place

View from patio doors looking across whole house

Stairs to downstairs


Entrance closet and half bath





Entrance looking toward rest of house.  Stairs to upstairs on your left.

Dark shot of the entrance.

Upstairs


Looking towards stairs and master.  Other rooms behind me.

My office.  That I love.  Seriously? Best color ever.  Loving this room.  Can't wait till it is more organized and I have my light fixture up.

Huge window



What I see when I look up from my chair

How awesome are these! I hung them myself which explains the crooked look.  I like them though.

My view


:)

Spare bathroom




Master bedroom! And boxes.... looking into the bathroom


Huge bedroom window and new bed frame!




Closet window

No shelving in laundry room so the towels are living here now

Laundry room.  Right next to our room.


So here it is.  The new house! We are loving it.  We really are.  It is less than half the size of our last house and that is a good thing.  It is warm and cozy and it is ours.  We need to do a lot of work yet but considering we moved in on Saturday, I think we are doing ok.

List of things we want done this week:
  • light fixture in office
  • stack washer and dryer and add shelving to laundry room
  • hang pictures upstairs
  • build shelves in basement and organize that space so people can sleep down there next week
  • finish unpacking our room/bathroom
  • pull apart office closet and organize more efficiently
  • hang curtains in office and living room
  • re-do divider wall in living room
I think that is all! We will probably get most of it done.  I am tired just thinking of it though! Tomorrow? I want to do nothing.  At all.  No work, no play just read and breathe.  Instead? We will build the basement shelves.  And then I am kicking the boys out to play and I am napping and reading. I need it!

Overall? We are happy.  This house if perfect for us.  We are more than happy with it and can't wait to do more decorating and making it feel like ours.

1 comment:

Melissa A. said...

LOVE IT! It looks awesome! And I LOVE the color of your office! Thanks for the pictures :)