Monday, May 14, 2012

Update... finally

I am finally updating! And I am back now to life for a while.

We got back from the wedding tonight and I am soooooo glad all the crap is done.  Dad was weird the whole time and pretty much ignored us.  Didn't mention us in his wedding speech, didn't come and talk to any of us, pretended we were not there.  But we did it.  And it is done.  And....





I looked good.

I bought a new dress and got all decked out and felt quite pretty.  The emotions that day were insane.  I was bouncing between happy for my dad vs. mothers day difficulties due to dead mom vs. I can't be a mom vs. anger and frustration at my dad.  I was a rock for most of the day and managed to smile lots.  Then I lost it.  I seriously did.  No one saw me and no one knew but it was bad! I am feeling rather numb today and can't wait to feel real again.  I told Husband I would be back on Tuesday or Wednesday.  We will see.....

But at the end of the day? I looked cute!


2 comments:

Melissa A. said...

You look fantastic! I LOVE the print on that dress. I was looking for something similar for a couple weddings we have to go to soon. I hope I chose as wisely as you did. Love the jewelry too!

And my dad didn't get married, but he did buy a house with his girlfriend. I dunno what they're doing, and I'm trying to stay out of it.

Dawn said...

Ouch. I know how you feel. Oh, and the dress? From Rickis. Not sure if you have that store there but it has this super cute dress here! And was reasonably priced for a dress. Thank you. I loved it!

I am at the walk away point right now. What a horrible weekend. I will elaborate more soon.