Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A few sentences


  • tonight I feel numb.  The sadness and awfulness of the weekend has hit me hard.  I have to get out of this funk soon.  I don't like it here.
  • my house is quiet tonight.  For the only night this week.  It was lovely.
  • we had dinner at our favorite restaurant tonight.  The chef came out to see how we liked our food and when we asked when he was making our favorite special again, he asked when we would be back and he would make it then.  That is service.  And the owner bought our dessert.  Have I mentioned I love this place? Made me feel so loved tonight.
  • the house if finally clean.  We cleaned it top to bottom tonight after dinner.  Feels amazing.
  • fridge is finally organized and full
  • finally took out the blanket that my mom made me years ago and put it on my spare bed.  This is a big step in my healing process.  I have had it hidden in a bag for 10+ years.
  • My niece should be a model


  • Isn't she adorable? Such attitude.
  • I have done 5 loads of laundry today and have at least 8 more to do.  I am so not allowing my sister to use the washer and dryer all night next time!!!
  • I took my car for a service today and they did a bunch of repairs for free and even detailed the inside and outside of my car for only $60!! This is crazy! Who does that!
  • I am now heading to bed.  More normal post soon.

1 comment:

Melissa A. said...

Sit with the numbness for a bit. Let it buffer you from the sadness just a little. Then you can face it when you're ready. He's married, and I don't have a time machine (for you or myself, for oh so many things), so the best we can both do is figure out how to get through it. When we're ready. Personally, I'm in the 'everything is cool, nothing bothers me about any of it' stage. Clearly not really true, but I am pretending really really well :)

manderson725 at gmail if you want to talk outside the blogosphere.