Monday, June 4, 2012

Thai Coconut Curry Shrimp

Recipe Review:

Photo also taken from her blog







Ingredients:  
  • 1 tsp oil
  • 4 scallions, whites and greens separated, chopped
  • 1 tbsp Thai red curry paste
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 6 oz light coconut milk
  • 2 tsp fish sauce
  • 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
  • salt to taste

Directions: 
    In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium-high. Add scallion whites and red curry paste and sauté one minute. Add shrimp and garlic, season with salt and cookabout 2-3 minutes. Add coconut milk, fish sauce and mix well. Simmer about 2-3 minutes, until shrimp is cooked through. Remove from heat, mix in scallion greens and cilantro. Serve over rice and enjoy!






    Anyone who knows me knows that I hate all things fishy and seafood based.  Can't stand the stuff. 


    I made this for dinner last night.


    Yup.


    I did.


    It was amazing.  I am trying with shrimp first and seeing if I can't finally start to stomach this crap I mean food.  It will make Husband quite happy I think if I can finally order something other than chicken or beef or pork on any given menu! And I really want to try fish tacos.  I am not sure why but I really want to.  I found this recipe on tastespotting and thought why not! Let's try it and I was pleasantly surprised.  I was not good with timing and so I overcooked it but the taste was awesome and I will make this again.  Thank you skinny taste for this recipe! You might make a seafood lover/liker out of me yet! Go check out the websites.  There are awesome recipes!

    No comments: