Thursday, July 26, 2012

Master Bedroom Reveal Part #1

IT IS FINALLY ALMOST DONE!!!!!

So, Jibberblog? This is for you.

I have wanted to paint our bedroom since we first moved in.  I am not a builders beige kind of girl as some of you know and it was driving me nuts! We bought a new bed frame right away, finally found bedding we liked and found some end tables but the walls? Making me sad.  I finally convinced the Husband (in other words, I bought the paint and started painting on my own) that we needed some color in there.  I wanted something fairly neutral but with some depth.  I wanted something cozy for at night.  I decided? On Gray.  Benjamin Moore Steel Wool was the exact color.

Here are some before and after shots!


With old bedding we had.  So bland.  The thing in the window? An air conditioner.


So boring


Yawn


Sample colors


It is started! I added some stripes of Oceanic Teal that we will probably paint over.  Husband hates them and I am indifferent.  I don't mind them but they are not amazing.


When your room looks like this at 7 pm at night? You know you are in for a long night!


I taped everything so that it would move faster.  I am in love with Frog Tape! It is brilliant and I can't say enough good things about it!


Starting to look good!


Oh the mess


Finished product.  We have to do the blue walls yet.  Either paint over them or edge them properly.  We are still deciding.


The whole look! Frame, bedding, paint.  I love it!!! I am wanting to add pops of dark yellow for the accent.  I think it will look amazing.


Don't you love it at night? So soothing and romantic :)

2 comments:

Darci said...

Very nice!

Melissa A. said...

I LOVE IT! I love the oceanic color too, but I can see maybe it's not meant for the wall. I love it on the back of your comforter, maybe smaller splashes of it somewhere, or a boxed/framed art on the wall somewhere, vs a whole wall. I love the idea of using a yellow too, that'll be awesome. Thanks for posting, I was checking and checking and waiting :)