Monday, September 10, 2012

Lesson #485

Things that will make your life easier at Bootcamp (my house according to Big Red)


  • Don't refuse to eat a meal because you are being a stubborn shit.  Pretty sure I take the cake when it comes to stubborn.  I will eat anyways.  Where I want, when I want.  You will starve.  I will cook bacon (your favorite food) in your presence and moan while eating it all to drive you crazy. When I say if you don't smarten up and eat now you will not eat till dinner, I actually mean it.  No treats, no juice, no milk.  Nothing.  You get water my friend.  Oh, did I just bake fresh cookies? That sucks.  Oh, you sweet boy.  You ain't got nothing on me when it comes to stubborn.  When will you learn.....
  • Don't refuse to do chores.  Why? Because I will not give you allowance! And then I will add more chores to next week! And you will miss out on mini golf, and treats and fun days with Uncle because you are stuck cleaning toilets!!! YEAH!!!! Smart move muffin.
  • Don't lie about what you are looking at on the computer.  Why? Cause we are smarter than you!!! We are spying on you and can block anything that you look at.  That groan I just heard from the other room? I am guessing it is because more pages are blocked.  Will we confront you? No.  Not yet.  But I am sitting in my office right now looking at your screen.  I dare you to try to get away with anything! Silly boy.  You are up against an Uncle that loves you too much and wants to see you get better. 


Life in our house these days is chaotic.  I am slowly learning to deal with it all.  We had a rough day last week, but so far this week? It is good.  I am finding that if we start the morning with a list of things that he is going to do that day, it helps.  I have created a custom schedule for him.  I print it off Sunday night and give it to him.  It lists each day and what has to be done.  From activities to chores to helping with things.  There is also a list of things to do if he gets bored.  He knows that asking me for something to do results in work! and so he has gotten amazing at entertaining himself.

My niece.  Isn't she hilarious? I love her little diva look.

A few lessons we are working on this week.


  • using a knife.  Your hands are lovely and we love them but really? A whole slab of roast beef with your hands? I am thinking spaghetti with a soup ladle as punishment in the future :)  I am pretty sure you also don't need a bite the size of your fist on the end of your fork.  Guessing he will be sick of hearing the words "use your knife" pretty soon.  It is getting way better though!
  • cooking.  He helped make dinner the other night and last night helped make chocolate chip banana muffins.  He is starting a cookbook.  He wants to be able to make a full days meals for his family next time he sees them.  It is his big surprise for them.  Don't say anything Jill!
The start of the cookbook

  • cleaning.  He is now sweeping and washing floors, emptying garbage cans and recycling, keeping his room clean, doing his own laundry every day, cleaning a bathroom.  He is in charge of all the dishes.  He is emptying and loading the dishwasher every time.  
  • beverages.  He is drinking water, milk, steamed milk, and almond milk.  No pop.  No juice.  This was a huge adjustment for him.  Like crazy huge.
  • vegetables.  He is eating them!!!! Last night he had a huge portion of carrots, broccoli and cauliflower.  The night before he had zucchini.  If he wines? He gets more.
He is doing good.  Today we are starting at the gym.  I am thinking I might sit out.  I have horrible cramps.  We will see.  I am hurting bad.  I might go swimming instead.  He also has boxing tonight so I am not sure he will survive a whole day of working out.  The poor kid is pouring sweat walking up the stairs! We are glad he is here though.  He gets his first company next week when my dad and grandparents arrive.  He is planning on making them dinner and breakfast shakes.  He is too funny.  I hope they appreciate it.

Now I need to go clean my orange room so that I can finally photograph it for here!


No comments: