Monday, September 17, 2012

Work and life are making me crazy~

Life? Crazy.

Work? Crazy.

I went on a business trip to Vancouver last week which resulted in no posting! And maybe my life is imploding right now too.  Just sayin!

View from my hotel room in Richmond
Life is ok.  Big Red had a hard day today.  He started his home schooling and it is a huge adjustment that I am thinking is going to drive me crazy.  He is not so good at the reading instructions thing so I get asked questions every 45 seconds.  Screamed from the other room.  Lovely as it sounds.  I promise.  Just to go over there and point out what he needed to read! This will be a long year at this rate.  Oy.  He also started his counselling today.  He was terrified.  Went ok but he also lied about taking his medication in the afternoon which caused some issues that we did not realize until bed time.  Boxing? A gong show.  Misbehaved until the guy had to kick him out and make him sit out.  They are so supportive of him and want him there so bad and so they are working on it with us.  I could not ask for a better situation at all.  When we arrived to pick him up, he was sitting outside the gym talking with two older gentlemen that want to work with him next week.  God is seriously lining people up for this year to help him.

Tomorrow I am with my business advisor all day and so he is on his own.  We will see how that goes.  I am planning to work with him hands on all day Wednesday on his school work so that I can make sure he is going through everything that needs to be done and not just lying about it or fluffing through. Wish me luck! My dad and the step mom arrive Thursday evening.  I hope it goes ok.  I am feeling so mentally tired these days that I am afraid I have no filter at all! This could be interesting.

We also went to a wedding this last week.  Here are some photos from the last week of our lives!


So pretty

Where I spent every evening on my business trip!

Nephew made us muffins!

Hanging on the beach in Vancouver for a work meeting! I wish I could schedule those more often! And check out how long my hair is :)

The wedding.  With the most unhappy bride I have every seen!

Pretty centrepieces.  They had more jars with ritz crackers and carrots in them.

Where I found our dog this morning.  She waits for us to come home!


Overall? Life is pretty good.  I just need more sleep.

Speaking of.....

And I promise to clean my room long enough to photograph it soon!





2 comments:

Melissa A. said...

Why is that bride so unhappy!?

Dawn said...

I have no idea! I asked her "so, are you loving your day?" And she scowled and said "parts of it" Then went on to list a bunch of things that pissed her off! It was almost funny! I have never seen a bride so NOT impressed with her day.