Sunday, September 20, 2009

UL.....Day 1

Today was the start of Ultimate Leadership. We registered at 4 and then sat around in the airconditioned room until dinner at 5. We had dinner and then came to the board room for the first of the sessions.

It was a learning session. What the conference would be, some stories from past years, what to expect, what teams we were on and got our schedules.

I am in the green team. I feel so out of place! They are all big business owners and CEO's and have kids older than me. There are one or two in their late 30's but that is all! My group is 7 people. Three girls and four guys. There is one really quiet guy that just sits and stares at you in a really intimidating way. I kinda like him! I am not sure why! I will stare him down yet!

This week is going to rock. I already bought some books. You can get them here for the american price minus 15% which is like half the price of at home. I might need a second suitcase to bring home all my crap.

The books that I have bought are:
~Boundaries
~Hiding from Love
~9 things you simply must do to succeed in love and life
~Loving people-How to love and be loved
~12 "Christian" beliefs that can drive you crazy

I have a lot of reading to do. I can't wait to read some of them. I swear looking at the book table was like looking at my screwed up brain but with hope and answers to my problems. Kinda crazy. The one nice thing about everyday is that you have a one and a half hour break everyday where you can run away from it all and focus on what you have learned.

I am really excited about tomorow. I talked to husband tonight and he says that he will come back with me next year if I want to come again. I think that might just have to happen!

Till tomorow! (I have to be at breakfast at 7 am!!!!!)

P.S. I keep getting told how incredibly cute my accent is! One lady told me that she could listen to me talk all day! Too funny!

No comments: