Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Grandparents

I heard some awful news today.

My grandpa is not doing well.

He is 81 years young.

I say that because he rocks.

He has always been healthy.

He is amazing.

He is one of my favorite people in the world.

He was told he had cancer a few months ago.

Then they told him he didn't.

Now they said he does.

Then then said he doesn't.

Last week, the doctor said that he has cancer in his bones and that they need to do more tests but were going to hold off for a few months.  They said to call if he is in more pain.

He is in pain.

A lot of it.

My dad, who is not usually aware of these things phoned me this morning to tell me that I should go and visit.

He is in so much pain he is hardly eating.

He is struggling to move some days.

He is dying.

My grandpa is amazing.

He has always supported me.

Loved me.

Cared for me.

He is always there.

He is the only grandpa I have ever had.

The other one sucks.  To put it mildly.  He is no longer in my life.  Has disowned me.

So you understand why this one is even more important.

Him and my grandma have been married for 59 years.

I am afraid that between losing my mom and having a sick husband that she will go too.

I am so scared right now.

I don't want to lose him.

I love him so much.

I think I am going to go down there next week and see them.

Help out my grandma and just love on my grandpa.

I am not sure how to do my diet at the same time.

I might have to go on maintenance early.

I am down 18 lbs.

I am feeling good.

I miss my grandpa already.

This is not fair.


My Grandparents on their wedding day.  Isn't he handsome?


With all five daughters.  My mom was the one in blue.


This one just makes me smile.  Look at their hair! So funny.


Please pray for me.  I am taking this really hard.  I am not sure what to do with it.  I don't want to deal with death again so soon.

I talked to husband earlier about it and said that God just wants the good ones.  That is why the evil ones continue to live.  I know that this must be true.  It has to be.

1 comment:

Lollie said...

Well maybe a chance for the evil ones to repent....maybe.
I love you sweetie. I am so sorry for all this sorrow. Remember to LET the Lord carry you, be your strength and your peace. We can not live forever in this life, but we WILL live forever, together, in the next. Remember that for God it is not about today and tomorrow. There is a much deeper thing going on. Trust His Love to carry you through, to accomplish His will in your life, and the lives of others. I am praying for you! And for your Grandpa too. I think your Grandma is a lot stronger than you think;) Trust God.