Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Headaches and romance

This is a big week at our house.

As some of you know, 15 years ago yesterday, Husband asked me out.  Well, officially? It was the day before, but I said maybe and so I never actually said yes until the 5th.  At 3:14 pm.  Wow.  Cheesy I know.  But I remember these things!

I remember sitting in my room on my bed and holding the phone forever.  I had nervous butterflies in my stomach and could barely breathe.  I was so excited.  And nervous.  I actually thought it was a joke! Really? The hot popular guy had asked me out? I SAID MAYBE???? Oh the drama to my small 15 year old mind.  But man am I glad that I said yes.  He has been an amazing boyfriend and husband.  We have had an amazing marriage.  Don't get me wrong, we have had our issues, and will continue to, but for the most part? Could not ask for better.  Love you HUSBAND!!!!!

So, that was yesterday.

Tomorrow? Tomorrow will be 13 years since I had my brain aneurysm.  You read that right.  Three days before my 18th birthday, I got a headache.  I hate April 7th every year.  I get an enormous headache, usually have my period as well (TMI...I know), and I feel sick.  There was a 50% chance I would die from a second one within 10 years.  Yup.  Still kickin'! I will make tomorrow a good day though.  I will get up early and drive Husband to work (5 am) come home and go back to sleep, I will pray when I get up that I will have a great day.  I will wake up later than I should, go for a walk to get a coffee at Starbucks (caffeine  helps with headaches some days).  I will eat an amazing lunch, not sure what, but it will be good, I will make a wonderful roast dinner for Husband as he has been requesting it.  I will make a list of 25 things to be thankful for.

Tomorrow will be a good day.  I am not going to let it kick my ass this year.   One day when I have a scanner again, I will post some pictures of those early days of Husband and I and of me in the hospital.

And Sunday?

IT IS MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

I will be 31 this year.  Holy crap is my mind screwed up with this one! My head knows I can't have kids, my body is not so sure yet.  I am having major mommy pains and my clock is ticking so loud! It is almost funny! I will be 31.  I feel so young still.  I think it is because I am not watching my kids grow.  I am not watching their milestones.  It will be a good day though.  I am going to go to church, still looking for one, go to my favorite little diner 'Blue Plate Diner' for lunch, and do who knows what during the day.  I have requested door knobs for my closet for a gift.  I want to go pick some from Anthropologie.  Maybe we will do that!

It is time I go.  I have a meeting and need to make sure I am there on time.

Later!!!

No comments: