Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The truth shall set you free...

Sounds ominous, doesn't it?

So here goes.  I am about to put it out there.  All my weights and measurements.

Sound like fun?

Just so you know? SCARED SHITLESS!!!!!!!


Enough is enough.  I am a lard ass.  I am OK with that.  Here goes nothin'!


All weights and measurements below were taken after two days of gorging and last night.

Weight- 218.2 lbs
Chest-47.5 inches
Neck-15.25 inches
Left Arm-12.5 inches (taken at largest point on bicep)
Right Arm-13.25 inches (can you tell I am right handed???)
Waist-48 inches
Hips-51.75 inches
Left Thigh-28.5 inches (taken at largest point)
Right Thigh-29 inches
Left and Right Calf-16 inches


Wow.  I knew what I weighed so that did not horrify me, but the actual numbers of the body parts made me want to cry! I know how I gained weight.  I know how much I have to lose.  The reason I am measuring everything is because I want to now inches as well.  I don't just want a number on the scale.  I want to know how many inches are lost.  I am going to be weighing myself everyday.  I am going to measure once a week.  I will hopefully be posting some better numbers a week from now! In the meantime? I will keep you updated.

My goals:

  • Lose 30 pounds per session (6 weeks).  People average 1 pound per day on this and so I could lost up to 40 pounds but am setting my goal low so that I might be pleasantly surprised.

  • Walk 20 minutes per day during this diet.  Even just in stores or something.  Just to get myself moving.  Want to slim by exercise as well but on only 500 restricted calories a day, will not overdo it.

  • Lose a grand total of at least 70 pounds.  At that point? I will look at everything and see how I feel.  I will decide it it is worth it to continue this whole thing and lose more or maybe I will be happy! That will put me at 150 pounds and on my frame? That is not a ton.  I have a naturally curvy body.  When I graduated I was 130 pounds and considered small.  I carry my weight well.  People are usually shocked (genuinely) when they know my weight.  Even my doctor has re-weighed me before.

  • Feel good.

  • Be healthier.
Tomorrow I start this whole thing.  I am so glad.  I had a really hard time eating so much these last few days.  Was incredibly hard.  I am looking forward to my green tea, chicken and the rest of my items tomorrow.  I will miss milk.  I will miss cheese.  I will miss a few things but seeing how sick I felt this week, I am sooooo excited.

I am actually looking forward to putting this all out there.  I hope that it encourages at least one person.

It is time for bed now.

It is time to read a book, deal with my tummy ached and try to sleep. 

More updates soon!

No comments: