Monday, April 4, 2011

1 down...436 left!

Can you imagine having 436 boxes left to unpack? I think I would cry to be honest.  Things here are moving along.  We moved last week.  My stress level rose to an unhealthy level.  I am ok now.

Husband started his new job today.  He left hours ago and I just want to phone him so bad and see how it is going! He was so nervous.  He has been his own boss completely for the last year and a half and is now an employee.  SCARY! I am so proud of him though.  I think it will be good for him.  I think/hope he loves it! He got an amazing job.  Can I just say how amazing God is? We had a list.  A fairly ridiculous list.


  • Monday - Friday
  • Home every night for dinner
  • Company truck
  • Company cell phone
  • Benefits
  • Salary between $-$$
  • Year round
  • Paid holidays
  • Occasional weekend at best
  • Long weekends off
  • 50  hours or less a week

Can I just say that to us? This is a dream job! In the past, he has worked 90+ hours a week, made lots of money but we never saw him.  It sucked to say the least.  He would work his ass off for 8 months a year and then sit for 4 right in the middle of my busiest time of year.  He had no life! He also had those months off from usually December -March.  Can I just remind you that I live in the frozen north and those are all winter months? REALLY FREAKIN' COLD WINTER MONTHS!!!

What we expected from a job?
  • Monday - Saturday
  • Home by 8 at the earliest
  • Riding his bike (a can am spyder, not a peddle bike) or vehicle sharing
  • No cell phone
  • No benefits
  • Salary? What is that? Hourly all the way baby and weather dependant.
  • 6 months a year max and then hunting for a new job every year
  • No holidays.  Who needs those!
  • Work.  Every weekend.  And possibly Sundays
  • No long weekends off.  Heaven forbid the weather is nice! We have to work! (good ol road building)
  • Minimum of 72 hours a week
So I prayed and prayed and had other people doing it as well.  He sent out probably 100 resumes for the second type of job.  Somehow (GOD!!!) his resume made it to some guys desk and he got the top job! He didn't even apply for it!!! Can I just tell you how incredibly excited I am? I have had so many doubts about what we are doing lately and this was a good kick in the butt from the big guy to just trust him.  Who gets jobs hey don't apply for! I am so happy for him.  He was not looking forward to going back to work in order to carry out my whims, but if he has to? Hopefully the job is a gooder!

God is good.  That is all I can say.

Lately I have been having such negative thoughts and feelings.  A friend told me that I was giving Satan too much power in my life.  I was also giving him to much credit for my life! For the negative crap! Wow.  That kind of hurt.  I have to admit, it was hard to hear, but I needed to hear it.  For the last few days, I have been saying to myself in my mind over and over " I trust you God.  You are stronger than anything.  You are the most powerful and you are on my side.  I rock" Sounds ridiculous, but it is working.  I am smiling today! I have so much to do at the house today, but I will get it done.  I will crank some good music ( I have a play list called Happy that I will be playing today!) and I will dance and unpack! I got up early (thanks to the motivation of a blog and life friend Lollie) and am getting stuff done.

What else......

My back yard! The house we are now renting has a huge back yard for in the city.  It is 11000 square feet.  Whatever that means.  I just know it is big :) It is under a lot of snow right now but every day as it melts more, I find more treasures! I can now see a lot of trees, shrubs, a sculpture, a fountain, a table and chair set like this one

Only has two benches so far! The yard is supposedly amazing and manicured, but the owner has lied about a few things so far, so we will see! It is like a game to me though.  What new things are there! Husband is laughing at me.

I should go back to unpacking now.  Much to do and so little time!

Have a great Monday blog world!


1 comment:

Lollie said...

Oh I'm so rejoicing over the job!! Yay God!
I'm so blessed that my stuggles and triumphs could motivate you to one too:) I love you! I loved uncovering new treasures in the yard, the gardens here are so full of stuff, flowers I never heard of. It is like a game, kind of like life. We never know what we'll uncover.