Thursday, March 31, 2011

200

Did you know that this is the 200th post?

I am in shock! Who knew that I would actually write that many!

So, I am back.  We were/are in the middle of moving and we have had no Internet.  What a life!


Wow.  What a move.

Idea #1   Hire movers as Husband was probably going to be working and we have no truck or friends here to help us move.

EPIC FAIL.

Quote $1400
Final Price $2568

Yes.  You read that right.  And not only did they charge us so incredibly much? They made 5 million comments on all my crap.  Kind of irritating.  They also came 2 hours late, due to truck problems, and then spent a LONG time doing a whole lot of nothing! Then, they put these two little Ukrainian boys on the moving into the house stuff.  For starters? I have no issues with people that don't know perfect English.  But I am now wondering why I wasted time labelling things as they are spread out all over this huge freakin house! I can't find so many things it is insane.  The boxes are all over and make no sense.  This was a reputable company too! They were recommended by a trustworthy person!

Wow.  And we are both sick.  Husband has really bad bronchitis and has been no help until today! OK.  He was OK yesterday too.  Our bedroom is mainly put together now and the kitchen is kinda done (other than the missing boxes! We have no knives or glasses or cutlery).  The office is taking shape and the rest? Almost laughable.  We have a lot of work left.  We have a deadline though.  On Sunday, Husbands parents are coming to hang out for the day.  They are bringing back our baby.  Our little puppy Paige.  She does not do well with change and hates boxes even more.  We have to have our house in order before then.  I do not want to deal with the mess if it is not good when she gets here.  In our last house? She decided to um... relieve herself in almost every room.  Let's just say that it was not a lovely thing.

So? Off to bed I go.  To work and unpack and try to find my knives tomorrow! Here goes nothing!

Oh, and in good news? It was sunny and +9 today and I am starting to see wierd and wonderful things in my new yard! It is supposedly amazing but is under 3 feet of snow right now and so it is like a present! I get to see what happens now!