Thursday, March 10, 2011

Motivation


[moh-tuh-vey-shuhn] 
–noun
1.
the act or an instance of motivating.
2.
the state or condition of being motivated.
3.
something that motivates inducement; incentive.



Do you ever struggle with motivation? I do.  Hell yeah I do! I have so much that needs to be done right now.  You have no idea.  Well? Maybe you do.  I should be packing and cleaning and working.  Oh the work! I hate being my own boss some days.  I bought a business that needs so stinkin' much TLC right now I can barely breath.  We were lied to and cheated when we bought it.  So frustrating.  It is like an elephant.  It started oh so small and cute when we bought it.  We started working on it and realized that they sold us an elephant that had not grown yet.  So it started eating and eating.  We started finding more and more lies.  More and more deceit.  That darn elephant is now a huge fricken' animal and we are still trying to deal with the overwhelming baby that we bought.  Figure that out.  I feel like we are fighting a losing battle some days and others I am motivated as hell and willing to work my ass off for it.  Some days? SELL IT OFF AND HEAD FOR THE HILLS!! But I would lose money.  A lot of money.  I have obligations to a lot of people and places and need to fulfill them.  And man do I have a lot to pack! I have a lot packed already, but it feels like this monster and I can't pack it all today! We have company coming for the week before we move and so we cannot even pack all the stuff that we don't normally use! We still need beds and bedding and towels and dishes and cooking stuff.  There is no end to the list.  Wow.  Do I sound a little overwhelmed with my life right now? Cause I am.  I am so overwhelmed.  I am trying to have peace.  I am trying to pray lots.  I am trying to have faith in God and know that this is what he wants for me.  I am trying to just breathe.  I want to curl up in bed and just sleep.  I always struggle this time of year with the weather and all of this piled on top is not helping.  

I guess I will keep on keepin on.

I will pray more.

Listen to good music while I work.

Pack a few more boxes.

Work a little harder.

Knowing that I cannot please everyone and that all the mistakes are not mine.

I will be ok.

I always am.

Please pray for me.


At least I have this handsome man to be here with me.  Isn't he cute?

1 comment:

Lollie said...

Sometimes One Day at A Time, Sometimes one minute at a time:)
Praying for you! :)