Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Dinner





Oh my goodness was dinner awesome last night! All day? The food was good.  I have been trying to use what I have and finish things off before the influx of food and people next week.  So I have been getting creative!

Yesterday for brunch, and no I have no pictures, I made a scramble.  I scrambled eggs with red onion, black beans, corn and cheese.  I then used that last few tater tots in my freezer and mixed it all in.  Top it with some more cheese and some fresh tomatoes and it was awesome! Husband always laughs at my random things I make.

Dinner? We had soup! More like Stoup (Rachael Ray's word for really thick soup/stew).  It was amazing.  I cooked some onion, celery, cabbage, cauliflower and potatoes in some water.  I put them in a pot, filled it halfway up the veggies and let it boil for 10 minutes.  I then added some chorizo sausage (lightly fried in a separate pan so that I didn't have all the fat), a can of mushroom soup, half a can of milk (you still have the water from veggies in there, which is super healthy!) and a whole bunch of pepper, dill (lots) and chili powder.  It was so tasty! The dill was a perfect complement to the rest of it.  The chorizo was a little spicy but tamed down from the mushroom soup and milk.  Husband was laughing as I made it because I had no idea what I was doing and then loved it when it was done! And all made from stuff in my house.  Love meals like that.  I also made some banana bread as a treat for dessert.  I never do that! Husband was happy.

What are you having tonight? I have no idea here, but hopefully it is good!

1 comment:

Lollie said...

I gotta try those! Sounds yummy:)
We are having Black and White Checkered Chili and Rice;)