Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Meal Plans

Hello Internet world!

I love cooking.  I will admit it.  I always love when I have company because it means I get to cook big meals! When it is just Husband and I, it is hard to make more than a few things a meal without going overboard.  I find though, that if I don't follow a meal plan, I just buy what I feel like it every few days and it costs me a lot more money.  So, I follow meal plans on a regular basis.  Do you?

I love it.  I sit down, usually in front of the TV, with some cookbooks in hand and start the plan.  I try to use food I already have in my house and need to use up if possible, but for the most part? I just plan what I want to eat.

I was working on mine last night for next week.  I have a lot of people at my house and want to be organized enough that I don't feel like I have to eat out because I have no time to make a full nutritious meal.  Most people would say forget it! you are feeding 11 people! Make it easy! But no.  I like to still make yummy food.

So here is my meal plan for the week! ( I do three meals a day, but will only post dinners)

Saturday ~ Chicken Pasta Bake (chicken, cauliflower, carrots, mushrooms and penne pasta (or another small shell style) in a creamy mushroom sauce with cheese.  My concoction I have made for years), Caesar salad

Sunday ~ Meat Loaf cake, southwest salad and desert (how funny is this meatloaf?)


This is the cake I am making for dessert.  We are having backwards meal! I hope the kids love it! I will try to post pictures after it is done!

Monday ~ Chicken taco's and southwest salad (super yummy)

Tuesday ~ Spaghetti and meat balls (the non-cake kind), garlic toast and maybe salad

Wednesday ~ Farmer sausage, rice and veggies with a cheese sauce

Thursday ~ Butter Chicken w/Rice for the adults and personal pizza for the kids ( I add potatoes, carrots, celery and cashews to my butter chicken.  Sounds crazy but it is so freakin' good!)


So, I have no idea what I am eating this week, but next week? It should be amazing!

Now to start making some of these items and freezing them so I don't actually have to make as much next week!

What kinds of meals do you eat? Do you do meal plans? Fly by the seat of your pants? What are some of your favorites?

2 comments:

Lollie said...

I love planning meals. It's so much easier to grocery shop. I made up a whole plan last night, then scrapped it this morning. Buying my menu plans are so much more expensive than I first guess. So it's eating out of the freezer and cupboards as much as possible. Saving money for Hawaii;)

Dawn said...

I have to be organized and plan around things in my freezer and cupboards. Otherwise? SO EXPENSIVE!!! You can do amazing creative things out of a freezer and cupboards if you want. I do! Thanks for all your comments.