Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Day 32: A picture of what you did today

What I did today: The timeline

9:00 am  Got out of bed.  Got ready for the day.  
Am loving sleeping a little later these days.  Makes for a happier me!

9:45 am Breakfast is done and I am in the office working.  I did invoices, mail,
many emails, returned phone calls, send faxes, printed contracts and read them, did filing,
planned my day, booked 4 meetings and some other random stuff.

12 noon I was not hungry yet, so I continued on the family picture project.  WHICH I FINISHED!!!!
That was a long time coming.  Very emotionally draining.
I would like to not have to look at pictures of family (mom) again 
for awhile.  I sorted and flipped pictures for a long time today.


2:00 Had lunch.  Tomato soup from the deli at Safeway.
Wrote a list of things to get done.

Cleaned the kitchen, unloaded and loaded the dishwasher, put away laundry that
had been sitting for days.....maybe weeks! 


My pretty tulips!



4:00 pm  Made my grocery list and went shopping.  Not a big list but necessities!


Bought some amazing strawberries



My beautiful friend Lisa came for dinner.  I made Cheddar Chowder Soup w/ Asiago Chiabatta bread.

Love this pot!

Cheddar Chowder Soup

2 cups water
2 cups potatoes, diced
1 cup carrots, sliced
1 cup celery, sliced
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 cup margarine
1/4 cup flour
2 cups milk
2 cups grated cheese
1/2 package bacon or 2 cups ham

Bring first 7 items to a boil.  Cook 10 minutes.  Meanwhile, make a cheese sauce by melting margarine.  Whisk in flour.  Let brown a little bit.  Whisk in milk.  Cook until thick and add cheese.  Add this sauce to cooked veggies (leave the water with the veggies).  Add the meat of your choice.  Stir and heat through.  Enjoy!

 

I then finished the flour project.  GLAD this is done.  Sick of looking at it!


Followed up with some strawberry rhubarb crisp.

I also watched some tv, read some blogs, cleaned the kitchen again from all the cooking and am now heading to bed! Was a good and productive day.  Can't wait to sleep though.  Did not make it to the gym today.  Will go tomorrow.  Thinking I might swim instead of run? I am not sure.  Depends if I can find a sports bra between now and then!!!



No comments: