Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I WAS CRAFTY!!!!!!!!!

Ok people.  I was crafty.  Let's not go all crazy now.  Really.  This was huge.  You have no idea! And I have to admit.  I am kinda proud of myself! I saw a picture of this on pinterest but the link sucked! To be perfectly honest.  It had no instructions at all and so I decided I would make it and give out instructions! I think it is kinda cool.  Husband thinks it is ugly, so if anyone wants it? Let me know.  It is yours!!!



Pick a book you are ok with destroying.  Rip out all the pages.

Find a base.  I used a 9 inch cake decorating cardboard base.
 
Find a low heat glue gun and glue.  I stole Husbands.




I drew circles on the cardboard for a guide.
Twist all your pages into cones.  I recommend making a TON of cones first and then gluing them all together.

Start on the outside edge (with your "petal" overlapping by about 2 inches
Glue it down.  Really well.  This is your main base.

Continue to glue them down in a circle pattern, filling gaps as you go.



This is what the Petals look like.  And my pretty nail polish!

The finished product! It is quite large.  The pages in the middle are different color as they are out of a new book.

They will age within days to match.

A friend was making me pose!

This one poked my boob.  But I think I look skinny!

Waitress tray

Parisian Hat

Frisbee

I am now threatening to do 4 more in different sizes to cover walls with.  I am sure Husband will love that, right????

2 comments:

Heather said...

I think it's cool! :)

Melissa A. said...

Very crafty - what are you going to do with it?