Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Opportunities

Huh......
What to do.....what to do....
Opportunities come and go in our lives. I like to think that I am pretty good at grabbing them and taking advantage of them.
Husband and I have had a few good ones come up in our lives and I like to think that GOD is guiding them. I like to think that they come to many people, it is just if you are looking for them and seeking them out that you see them.

I got handed an opportunity tonight. I said yes. I will find out in December if it will happen.

Are you ready? Wanna find out what it is? Curious?

Oh well.

Not telling you.












Just kidding!

So, I got an email from the franchise owner for the restaurant that I own. There is an opportunity to open a second one in my town. Not just a second one, but one in the new aquatic/wellness center. It would be the one source of food other than a sit down restaurant. The center will see about 1,000,000 people per year and there are insane amounts of people surrounding this building. It is in the middle of being built into a complex with a huge high school, an arena, a gymnastics center, and a whole pile of housing. It is also across from the field where a college campus is supposed to be built. Insane. It could be amazing. It is completely scary. I would have to sign on the dotted line in order to be part of this in the next two months. It would be open to customers in about 2 years. Crazy. It would make my life insane and bring me a lot of stress but also it could be amazing for my business. Husband mentioned at one point tonight in talking about it that we would have to make some changes. I would have a whole lot more work happening then now and I would have to quit some things or hire some people.

Scared. A huge fear of mine is that the "fear of failure will keep me from succeeding". This is something that I deal with all the time. I am always scared to step out and do something insane. People that know me will laugh at this because I am a pro at it! I do it out of fear of the above statement.

I am praying that it is a good decision for us. It is a financial insanity and it could be amazing or it could kill us financially in this economy. But what do you do? You just try and see what happens.

So, any words of advice? Should I do this? Should I not? Should I grab both reigns and go for the ride and see what happens?

We will see!

No comments: