Thursday, November 26, 2009

Husbands

For those of you that don't know.....I have been with my husband forever.


Yup.

Forever.


I kid....I kid.....


Husband and I started dating on April 5th 1996. A long time ago. He was sitting in front of me in Ms. Lee's social studies class. He asked to copy my homework and on the top of the paper, he wrote "will you go out with me"


Yes. I am a moron and still have the paper. I still smile when I see it. I said maybe as you can see. He was not very happy but I phoned him the next day at 3:14 pm and said yes. Yes I looked at the clock at that exact time to check. I am a geek like that. I did not know what I was doing. I was a good girl. He was the bad boy sport/jock. They guys that sat at the picnic tables and laughed at everyone and that everyone wanted to be with. I was terrified.
It was the best decision that I have ever made. There were good things and bad things but overall it was amazing. I dealt with sexual abuse, eating disorders, attempted suicide, family drama and a brain aneurysm in the time that we dated. Yup. A few little things. The poor boy! We then dealt with me going to bible school for a semester and him going to Katimavik for 9.5 months. That was nuts. I didn't know that you could really miss someone like that.
Husband asked my dad for my hand in marriage and he said yes. 11 days after he came home from Katimavik, he proposed with a beautiful ring and I said yes. He proposed at Ferry Island in Terrace, at 10:20 pm. It was amazing. He asked me and I said "maybe". He jumped up and went "what?!?!?!?!" and I laughed and kissed him and said yes.
I phone my mom. She didn't believe me. It was hilarious.
I will continue this another day. This is the start of our relationship. It has been amazing and rocky and a lot of fun.
I love my life.
I love my marriage.
To be continued.......

2 comments:

Lollie said...

Wow! THat was a huge day for me, I was in labor all day long with Bradon, he was finally born the next day!
I knew you then:) But I didn't know that's the day you started dating Chad! Cool

Dawn said...

It is a good day, isn't it?