Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Life

Life goes on.

I am doing good. I think/know that I have a lot of big decisions to make in the next month but I am excited for the future. I sat in my office today and thought "wow......I have no control of life right now and that is OK." I am at a point where I am trusting God to take care of me. No, I am not sitting around wasting time and not thinking and working toward my future, but I know that all things in life happen for a reason and I am really excited.

I finished my final Christmas shopping today. I finished all but one gift a couple weeks ago but man does it feel good to be completely done. I really like Christmas and now that that is done and the decorating is done, I can finally start to do the baking and planning. We are heading out of town for Christmas this year. We are heading to our old stompin grounds for awhile and I am looking forward to it. We have really connected and renewed old friendships in the last few years and it is making visits there happen with a lot more frequency. We enjoy them a lot. Who would have ever known that we would still be going back there to visit!

SO, I made the yummiest dinner tonight. You take red onions in wedges, sweet potatoes (or yams...the orange ones) in chunks, toss it with some salt and pepper and some olive oil and about 8 stems of fresh thyme, lay some seasoned chicken pieces on top and bake for 45 minutes. It is so good. Simple and fresh and healthy and good. The boys like it a lot.

I am doing good today. I feel like life is OK and that it will all be OK. There is a lot going on right now and that is OK. More sleep time needed and more steamed milk and baths needed as well. I am good though.

So, for those of you that read this, if anyone actually does :), and you know where I am going for Christmas, do you want to hang out? I would love it! I will be emailing people once I know where I am going and when I will make more plans then!

Gotta go! Gonna watch some TV and do some payroll and relax!

Later!

6 comments:

Mel said...

Your dinner sounds a bit like mine...shallot, yam, squash & red pepper tossed with oil (I used walnut) and spices (coriander, cumin & cinnamon) and roasted for 45 at 375 :) Serve with quinoa or cous cous.

Glad to hear you are staying positive. *hug*

Anonymous said...

Hey, it was great to get together with you for breakfast. Love you! Miss you! Wish I lived closer. Don't be a stranger.

Lollie said...

I'm so glad you're doing better:) And that dinner sounds soooo yummy! I'm a Yam rebel! THEY ARE SWEET POTATOES!!! hehe We love sweet potatoes (ORANGE)! We chop them up with regular potatoes, 2 garlic cloves pressed, olive oil and bake! But I"m going to try yours next time!
And I so want to visit! I'll be home till the 25th and then back again on the 30th or 31st:)

Lollie said...

Oh I guess I'm rebelling against the Yam label not for it! haha

Anonymous said...

Miss you, I am looking forward to your visit :) Please message me when you are in the area. I am loving your blog. Amie <3

Dawn said...

Amie-I definatly will. We have to see each other more than once this time! I am glad that you are enjoying my blog.

Lollie-Nobody seems to call them the right thing. THEY ARE SWEET POTATOES, but if you go the grocery store you have to buy the yams.

Steph-we need to live closer! I had a blast at breakfast. I will try to keep in contact a little better. Love ya!

Mel-I need to try that! I need to come eat at your house!