Friday, November 20, 2009

It's Official.


It is official. Our jobs are done.

We get paid till the end of December. That is it. We are done. There are no other options for the company.

Now the fun stuff starts. What to do next.

Husband had worked there for 7 years and I was there for 5. A long time in today's standards.

I know what I am doing next. Just not sure when it will start.

I own a restaurant on the side and I am going to go there and work full time. I am going to fully immerse myself in that and see how it goes! It sucks because I am going to have to get rid of some employees that I really like and are good at what they do, but at the end of the day? I have to make the right decision for me and my family. Not theirs. Still hard though. This decision is not going to happen lightly.

For the husband. Who knows. He has a phenomenal resume and just needs to decide what he wants to do. He is a very talented man and good at a lot of things and he has some big decisions to make now in the next few weeks.

I am praying hard for him. It is a tough one. Part of the problem is that he can't do insane shift work, or be away from home for months on end. Due to his health issues, he also needs benefits if possible. Those are hard to find around here. There is a lot of seasonal work and so employers nowadays don't offer a whole lot.

On a happier note, I decided that he can't stop me. I am putting up my tree and decorating for Christmas today. I can't wait. I have a friend coming over later to help with that. I hope that it turns out good. He can just deal with it. I lost my job. Let me have some lights.

Overall, I am doing OK. I am stressed out right now but know that we will be OK. We will figure it out. We will deal with it. Just pray that we make the right decisions for our family and that things go really smoothly during all these transitions.

P.S. My dad lives with us and his sister and her husband are coming for a visit on Monday and Tuesday. I am not happy about this. This is the side of the family that kicked me out years ago and blame me for the fact that I was sexually abused. It is not fun and I am not looking forward to cooking for them and making beds for them and trying to be all lovely and civil. Especially with the last week I have had. I would like to tell them to screw off and stay at a hotel, but my dad has asked me nicely and I feel I should respect him. LORD GIVE ME STRENGTH.


1 comment:

Mel said...

*hugs* I'll be thinking of you!