Monday, November 9, 2009

McMama

I am sitting in my office fighting back the tears.

Tears of joy! Tears of relief for someone that I don't even know!

I have been reading a blog for the last year or so. It is about a family that has four kids. The youngest one has had major health issues. He should not even be alive. I don't have kids and am not sure why I am so in love with this blog. My family laugh at me for reading it. But? I love it. Something about this woman touches my heart and her kids make me smile on a daily basis.

If you are interested, the blog is www.mycharmingkids.net

I have been reading a lot the last few days. There youngest son, Stellan, is now just over 1 year old and he almost died this last week. He actually flat lined today and yet he has come out of a surgery with not great chances to be alive and with results better than I could ever write. You can read about it. I don't have the words to describe it.

Do you ever feel such joy about strangers? I was thinking about this as I cried and prayed for this family earlier today. I do not know them. I only read this blog and yet I prayed as hard for them today and I would my own flesh and blood. I cried for them with joy at their good news. I laughed out loud in my office and praised God for their miracle.

I have spent too much of my life with not enough emotions. No, bitchy and feisty are not emotions. I am working on feeling my emotions and allowing myself to feel them. Husband is finding this kind of funny lately. I am seeing a difference though in myself.

I am going to go back to work now. I am smiling really big right now. I am really happy. I am hoping that the MckMama family is having an amazing night tonight. I am so glad that I got to witness a miracle. Even if only through the internet.

Thank you God. You are incredible.

1 comment:

Lollie said...

I'm totally addicted to her blog! I started reading it a couple months ago when Krista told me about it. Stellan HAD, SVT just like Madalyn HAD SVT. His was much more severe then hers.
I was crying and praying right along with them!