Friday, December 30, 2011

Best Taco Salad Ever

Welcome to my happy place!

Come on in! 

I am a taco junkie.  And so I created this salad.

Enjoy!


Start with Taco seasoning

Add 2 cups sour cream, 3/4 cups salsa and some taco seasoning (about half a pack of the low sodium stuff).  I say this because at this point? Add a little of each tasting it in between until it tastes amazing.  Make it a little stronger than you would think because the salad will dilute it.

Make sure you enjoy tasting it!

A few times... with chips and some chicken!


In a large bowl, fill half way with taco chips, add a few handfuls of lettuce.

Add half a can of rinsed black beans.

Add half a can of corn.

I used a cut up rotisserie chicken, and added over half only because I was feeding hungry boys and wanted the extra protein.

A handful of chopped cilantro,

A handful of cherry tomatoes cut in half,

A few mushrooms sliced,

and a handful of cheese of your choice!

Mush it all together with spoons (to break up the chips), add the dressing and mix well.

At this point, I got so excited to eat it that I did not take a final picture! 
OOPS!

It is amazing though! You have to try it.  Fast, easy and you can adjust it to your tastes so easily!

No comments: