Thursday, December 8, 2011

Nope. Won't do it. You can't make me.

List 10 things you would never do.



  1. Touch a snake.  I have an uncanny fear of all things slithery.  My sister has a snake in her house and I can hardly be there.  I went there for an hour, could not sit down and just stood in the middle of the living room in complete and udder fear frozen.  I know it is a silly fear but it is a big one for me.
  2. Eat any sort of brains or nastiness like that.  I can eat a lot of things and even like them, but as I age? I realize that I have nothing to prove.  Really? Who actually want to eat crickets? Or ants? Or brains!
  3. Own a cat.  I hate them.  I really do.  Not only am I allergic to them, but they make me crawl! They are snobby and whiny and just plain annoying.  Could have to do with the slithery aspect.  And guess what, I found out last night that my in-laws just bought one! YEAH! So much for going there again! I was just starting to enjoy it too.....
  4. Drive a van.  That could be one of the joys of not having kids! Cars, trucks, SUV's are all good.  Not sure I would ever drive a Van though.
  5. Watch a horror movie.  I have never watched one and I never will.  I am scared enough! I don't need help!
  6. Let someone tell me I can't do something.  I might be insane, but I kinda have the attitude that I can do what I want! To a degree.  I am taking part in this big festival soon and have to feed 4500 people a weekend.  Make all the food, do all the prep and serve it with only the help of 2 other people.  I have been told I am nuts! That I will fail for sure! Well people? WATCH ME!!!!!
  7. Be normal.  Really? Have you met me? Have you read this blog? I think that ship has sailed.
  8. Stop watching TV.  I love it.  I love everything about it.  I cut my cable in March because I wanted to save money but oh the joys of the Internet! Now I can just watch when and what I want!
  9. Get divorced.  I am going to put this out there.  I have talked a lot this week to friends/colleagues about divorce and they are all stunned that I would make that statement.  I do not believe that divorce is an option.  I really don't.  I think that if you really want it? You can have a good marriage.  You can fall back in love.  You can save it.  I watched my parents fall out of love and hate each other and fall back in love over a few years again.  It was hard to watch, but I believe in the sanctity of marriage and the covenant that it is.  Husband and I have agreed that we will do daily counselling if we have to in order to stay happy, but divorce is not an option.  Death is though......hmmmmm.......  I kid I kid.  You are safe Husband.
  10. Finish this question!

1 comment:

Melissa A. said...

I love #4 and #10. And not driving a van isn't just for people without kids. I refuse and we have two kids. I have yet to drive near a minivan and not be convinced that the vehicle affects the drivers brain and ability to drive correctly. That will not be me. And #10. I 100% agree. Divorce is not an option for me/us. I didn't make a promise to love him until I got tired of it, or until we let someone else catch our eyes. I can't say I'd still say this if he cheated, but because divorce isn't an option..cheating isn't either. So it's a non-issue. I ramble.