Saturday, December 24, 2011

My Famous Chip Dip

This time of year, the food all seems so hearty.  I feel heavy a lot of the time between the baking and buffets and dinners out.  I love it! Don't get me wrong, but sometimes you just want something different.

Here is a non-deep fried appetizer that will be a hit at any party!


Freakishly Amazing Chip Dip 


1 cup sour cream
1 cup cream cheese
6 tomatoes
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
1 bunch green onions
1 package bacon (or less if you want)
Salsa
Cheese

Chop green onion really fine.

Chop tomatoes really fine.
As you chop everything, put it in a sieve to get rid of some of the moisture.

Keep chopping! 

I know.  It is painful chopping things so small but oh so worth it in the end and you are in the middle of eating it.

Lay bacon on pan and bake till crispy.  Or pan fry it.  I don't like the splatter so I bake it.

Take one cup of sour cream,

Mix with one block cream cheese.

Veggies should have lost some moisture now.  Mix them together.

Take cream cheese/sour cream mix and spread on the bottom of a 9x13 pan.


Top with veggies.

Pour an even layer of salsa on top.  Use whatever heat you want and as thick as you want.  I usually use just over half a jar like you see above.

Admire your bacon.  Steal a piece or two.

Finely chop! You can use turkey bacon but use way less.  It is a stronger flavor.  And don't just not add it to be healthy.  It will not taste as good.

Husband grating cheese for me.  Love his apron!

Layer it! Cream cheese/sour cream layer
veggies
salsa
bacon
cheese of choice and as thick as you want it.

This is amazing dip.  Seriously good.  I only make it at Christmas because Husband and I could polish of the pan in days.  Scoop some onto a plate or in a bowl and mix it up.  Then eat with tortilla chips and go to town! And it tastes better the longer it sits.  Give this a try for an appetizer this Christmas! I made this pan and two small ones.  Planning on eating this a few times!


No comments: