Monday, April 16, 2012

Big Steel Box and boxes and more boxes!

Wow.  We are insane! We found out today, yes you read that right, today that we get the house next Thursday.  Sorry, I mean on the 26th.  That seems farther away and easier for my brain to deal with! So what did we do? We booked a BIG STEEL BOX.

www.bigsteelbox.com

Oh yes we did.  And then started phoning and packing.  So, since Friday, what have I gotten done?

  • transfer phone
  • transfer fax
  • transfer Internet
  • hook up water
  • hook up power
  • hook up natural gas
  • hook up water
  • book a "box"
  • buy and fill a lot of boxes
  • arrange cleaners for current house for when we move out
  • change of address online
  • house insurance
  • pack.

We have done a lot of packing.  As of now:

Library                100%
Kitchen                 75%
Dining Room        95%
Living Room         90%
Entrance                50%
Spare Room #1     50%
Spare Room #2     75%  
Man Cave            100%
Master Bedroom     0%
Bathroom #1           0%
Bathroom #2           0%
Bathroom #3           0%
Bathroom #4           0%
Family Room        30%
Office                   35%

Insanity! Our house looks so empty.  Tomorrow I have to work most of the day, but tomorrow night? MORE PACKING!!! I am sick of it already! The good news? We have gotten rid of so much stuff.  SO much.  We have boxes set aside for family, have sent car loads home with people and have done multiple trips to the Hope Mission Store.  I will try to take some pictures tomorrow of our progress!

Oh, and I have to pick paint colors for my office this week.  HELP! Husband said I can do anything I want.  Literally.  Why is this so hard? I used to have so many ideas and they would just flow and now? Nothing.  A dry well.  No dreaming.  Nothing.  At this point? It will stay beige.  Which is close to death for this girl.  Any ideas? I want it warm, but calming and soothing.  Peaceful.  But playful.  I have a lot of work to do

Can't wait to move!!!

4 comments:

Melissa A. said...

I vote for an burnt orangy color for your office. I may or may not want to see what it looks like on a wall before I use it for myself :) Ulterior motives, I have them.

Ross said...

Hi, I'm on the team at BigSteelBox... Thanks for the shout out! On behalf of our whole crew, we wish you all the best at your new place.

p.s. As a guy who has done several moves, here's my advice: you can always tell who your true friends are by whether they show up BEFORE or AFTER it's time to move the piano (or hide-a-bed). =)

Dawn said...

I want burnt orange somewhere Jibber! I will let you know where it ends up. I am sure I will post pictures :)

And thanks Ross! We are loving the box. Just wish it was a little bigger ;) Too much stuff I guess. And the trick to moving? Pay people!!!

Kevin said...

I have to put in my two cents here. If you want warm, but calming and soothing, I have to suggest Green. Not like the Celtics green, but like a forest, or hunter green.

Either way, good luck with your move, sounds like it's coming along well so far!