Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Office Dreaming and Decorating


Challenge #1: the entire new house is beige.

Challenge #2: I forgot how to decorate or come up with decor ideas somehow over the last few months.  The creative well is empty.

Challenge #3: We move in 8 days.

Challenge #4: I glued my eyelids this morning putting on fake eyelashes.  Don't judge.  They are beautiful.  And now blinking has sucked all day.

Challenge #5: Husband wants to paint my office in the first 4 hours we have the house and then set it up immediately which means I have 7 days to figure out what I want in there.

Solution: Drag Husband all over town dreaming this afternoon and trying to find an inspiration point.  I think I succeeded.  I don't know how to do one of those fancy boards that other people make so here are the pictures of what I am thinking!
Polyvore.com  This light fixture.

Desk.  IKEA.  I have different legs, and it is extended but this helps with color.


atmospheric


Paint color


catchingfireflies.com

I bought a whole bunch of wall hangings like this one.  I want to do a collage on one wall to inspire me.

Anthropologie.  I am going to use these as the main door knob and the closet doors.


Can I just say that this is all just getting started in my head but that I am so excited??? I really am.  I want to make that room amazing and so pretty.  I want it to sparkle and be calming and soothing, peaceful and yet inspiring and mine.  Husband won't give me an opinion and so I am doing what I want! He wants me to make it mine and all mine.  Can't say no to that! I can't wait to post pictures of the progress.  This is the first room that will be done.  We are painting next Thursday and will probably do some of the rest (doorknobs and light) over the following few days before all the furniture comes.

YEAH!!!

And Jibberblog? DO THE BURNT ORANGE! I have and I loved it.  Probably will somewhere in this house too!


1 comment:

Melissa A. said...

I LOVE that color! so smoky and pretty, can't wait to see how it all turns out. Perhaps I WILL do the orange..my living room is so...blah..it could use an orange wall...or two...it's just paint, right :)