Friday, April 20, 2012

Hello. My name is Jowell.

UPDATE: Feeling a little better today.  Things falling into place with moving and life and that is helping.


So,


We bought a duplex as you all know. *insert crazy excited dancing person here

Super excited to move at this point.  We will be there in one week today!!!! Anyways, we went for our final walk through today and as we were leaving, I checked my email and there was one from the builder.

"********** would like to hear about your recent purchasing experience and gather feedback about the sales and design processes.
This survey has been sent to the current mailing address your builder provided us:

     Jowell ******
     Husband ******
     ***wrong address***
    ****** right city****"


Is it just me or is my name a little off.  And the wrong address too? Laughing, I  just did their online survey and in the comments mentioned that I am concerned that the paperwork I sign on Monday is correct considering that my name has been changed to Jowell in their records.

Can we just note how freakin hilarious that name is? Seriously? Husband is joking that he is going to call me that from now on.  So not happening.  I might mention it next time I see them though and ask them if they just make up peoples names these days.  Too fun.  Needed to laugh today.

So our house? Lovely.  Just lovely :)  I think we are going to love living there.  I think we will have our days when we wish we had more space but for the most part? We will be so happy.  I can't wait to paint and change a few nasty light fixtures (builders tend to go with whatever is cheapest I think and that tends to lead to not lovely lights!) I can't wait to try wallpaper and to hang pictures and to just have it be mine.  I can finally really organize my stuff.  With permanent ideas instead of "Oh look.  4 houses in 2 years.  Better make this portable!" sort of ideas.  I want a home again.  I want to feel cozy and relaxed and like it is mine.  I want to see things on Pinterest and actually try them! Oh if I had the ambition! How funny am I :) 

Our  home right now? An amazing landmine style living arrangement that is making me insane! I can't handle mess and clutter and I think that there is one clean room in the whole house and it is the office walk in closet.  I might take up living in there! Every room is full of crap! Random boxes of stuff to donate, or give away, or pictures off walls just leaning there or things that don't have a home in a box yet or big furniture or just...... stuff!
sanespaces

So sad.  This is what it feels like right now.  It looks probably ten times better! But this is how it feels. We (Husband) started loading the Big Steel Box today.  All of the finished boxes are in there right now and that has made a huge difference.  Tomorrow he (we) is loading all the shelves/book shelves and other major furniture.  I think the only thing that is staying in the house is one love seat! Oh and the stools for the kitchen.  We are wanting the box loaded and done and ready to go.  We have my Dad and his fiance here for night next week and they will have beds and that is it.  It will be a restaurant for dinner and then home to bed.  Or the floor.  Such good hosts! By the end of Sunday, our goal is to have 1-2 boxes left in the kitchen, our bedroom things we need and clothes, one bathroom worth of stuff, and the main things from my office out and that is it.  We will have a stack of pictures and lamps and plants and things that will not make the cut to the Box but other than that? Empty house.  Why you ask? Because we are insanely busy for Monday-Wednesday next week and don't want to deal with frantic last minute packing.

Have you ever shown up to help someone move and they didn't pack those final "21 boxes of crap" and think it is no big deal! I do not love those people.  Seriously? You couldn't pack your tupperware??? Anyways, it makes me a little crazy and so I don't do that.  We might be eating fridge and freezer clean out for days, but things will be packed! The funny item that we have packed too much of this time? Drinking glasses.  We packed all but I think 4.  I am now reusing glasses like never before! It makes me laugh every time I go to get something to drink.  I am one of those different glass/mug for every drink.  I know.  Pathetic. But I do the dishes and I like it that way! Not anymore! Reuse reuse reuse!

On the schedule for tomorrow:
  • big furniture and shelves all moved into Box
  • clean out a few rooms completely
  • buy a new tv as ours has decided that it is not happy with us anymore and as a tv junkie I need one for the new house
  • breakfast with a friend we have not seen in forever
  • lawyer for picking up some papers
  • work.  I kicked ass at this today and yesterday and pretty much every day this week! and so tomorrow will only be probably 3-4 hours of work!! I am so glad.  I need a short day so I can help with the above
  • freezer clean out.  A few too many ice crystals on a few too many items.  Sad to throw out, but we will not eat it so why pack it around!
  • fridge clean out as well.  Sauces galore! If I have not looked at it in 6 months? Probably don't need it.
  • check mail
  • bank for more papers
  • get together Paige (dog) things to ship her away for a few weeks.  She is going to my in-laws for this whole moving thing.  They live 2 hours away.  She just hates moving and gets all stressed out and this way? She is happy and so are we.
  • relax!!! This one might not happen.  We will see!

Seeing as tomorrow is insane, I should head to bed.  Did I mention that I am still off sleep aids??? Super pumped! But wanting one so that I can have one good nights sleep this month.  I will fight through :)



No comments: